Forums >> Programming >> RPG Programming

Jump to:

pizzaguy

Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

Posted:

Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

I'm still kinda new to the RPG space, and have frequented this forum many times for information. I guess it's time I actually post a question as my research has not led me to a working result yet.

My shop has a strict 20 minute timeout setting for the workstations. Workstations (which have static, unique names) are being kicked (the job is ended, not disconnected) and users are losing input data. The system kicks out a CPI1127 when this happens. They are typing lengthy entries and/or get distracted by phone calls, co-workers, etc. Since they do not press any function keys, rollup/down, or Enter during the time limit, their entries are lost when the system kicks them. (Note: they are being given ten 70 length fields to type data in.)

I was hoping the PSSR can trap the error was have the input field written out to a work file. A CL program will be needed to check in there is any data out in the workfile when the resume the program. This workfile could be cleared each night after hours to avoid left over data. The problem I'm running into is that even after coding a PSSR routine in the program, it isn't executed when the system ends the job. The CPI1127 message can be found in the QSYSOPR queue, but the PSSR doesn't seem to catch this. 

Here is a sample program I wrote to test that theory. The program should write to the XT90 file unless an error occured, then it will write to XT91 instead. 

H OPTION(*NODEBUGIO: *SRCSTMT)
     H DFTACTGRP(*NO)
     H*======================================================================*
     H* DATA LOSS INACTIVITY TEST PROGRAM                                    *
     H*======================================================================*
     F* FILE SPECS
     F*======================================================================*
     FXT90      UF A E             DISK    INFSR(*PSSR)
     FXT91      UF A E             DISK
     FXT90DF    CF   E             WORKSTN INFSR(*PSSR)
     D*======================================================================*
     D* DEFINITION SPECS
     D*======================================================================*
     ** Program Status Data Structure
     D                SDS
     D PGMMSGID               40     46a
     D pgmruntime                     6s 0
     D PSSRDone        S               N
     C*======================================================================*
     C* CALC SPECS
     C*======================================================================*
     C*
      /FREE
        //FREE FORMAT CODE BELOW
        DOU *IN03;
          INPUT = *BLANKS;
          IF *IN03;
            LEAVE;
          ENDIF;
          MONITOR;
          WRITE RECORD1;
          //DO STUFF WITH RECORD
          READ RECORD1;
          INTXT = INPUT;
          WRITE XT90R;
          ON-ERROR;
            //IF PGMMSGID = 'CPI1127';
              INTX2 = INPUT;
              WRITE XT91R;
            //ENDIF;
          ENDMON;
        ENDDO;
       *INLR = *ON;

BEGSR *PSSR;
         IF PSSRDONE;
           *INH1 = *ON;
           RETURN;
         ELSE;
           //IF PGMMSGID = 'CPI1127';
             INTX2 = INPUT;
             WRITE XT91R;
           //ENDIF;
         ENDIF;
       ENDSR;

/END-FREE

C*
     O*======================================================================*
     O* OUTPUT SPECS
     O*======================================================================*
     ***END OF PROGRAM*** 

Display Source:

A          R RECORD1                   CF03(03)
     A                                  1  2SYSNAME
     A                                  2 71TIME
     A                                  1 71DATE
     A                                  2  2'XT90DF'
     A                                  1 35'TEST DISPLAY'
     A                                      DSPATR(RI)
     A                                      COLOR(TRQ)
     A            INPUT         50   B  6 16

Am I barking up the wrong tree with PSSR and MONITOR? Thanks in advance.

Latest Posts:

Update for Google WorkSpace Accounts (2024): Google Dropping Support for Update for Google WorkSpace Accounts (2024): Google Dropping Support for "Less Secure Apps" May 30th, 2022. What Does This Mean for Your IBM i Email?
Posted by January 19, 2024
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion >> Email Tools (MAILTOOL) Specific Discussion
Sales By State Report in QuickBooks Online Sales By State Report in QuickBooks Online
Posted by January 13, 2024
QuickBooks >> QuickBooks Online
How to Whitelist GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) For Your Organization How to Whitelist GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) For Your Organization
Posted by November 5, 2023
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion >> GreenTools for G Suite (Google Apps) (G4G) Specific Discussion
QuickBooks Online Releases QuickBooks Online Releases "New Invoices!"... and It's Terrible!
Posted by October 8, 2023
Admin/4i - What is it? Admin/4i - What is it?
Posted by September 30, 2023
Vendor Corner >> MSD Information Technology
BVSTools Releases Send Job Log to BVSTools (SNDLOG2BVS) Command BVSTools Releases Send Job Log to BVSTools (SNDLOG2BVS) Command
Posted by August 28, 2023
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements
MAILTOOL Now Allows Email Redirection for Development and Testing MAILTOOL Now Allows Email Redirection for Development and Testing
Posted by May 27, 2023
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> eMail Tool (MAILTOOL) Specific Announcements
GreenTools for Microsoft Apps (G4MS) Now Supports Footers When Sending Email GreenTools for Microsoft Apps (G4MS) Now Supports Footers When Sending Email
Posted by March 29, 2023
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> GreenTools for Microsoft Apps (G4MS) Specific Announcements
QuickBooks Online - Subtotals and Discounts Frustration QuickBooks Online - Subtotals and Discounts Frustration
Posted by March 16, 2023
Making the Switch From QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online - No Picnic Making the Switch From QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online - No Picnic
Posted by March 16, 2023
BVSTools Software Verified on V7R5 and Power10 BVSTools Software Verified on V7R5 and Power10
Posted by December 9, 2022
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements
Microsoft Office 365 Servers and Random Errors Issue Microsoft Office 365 Servers and Random Errors Issue
Posted by November 14, 2022
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion >> Email Tools (MAILTOOL) Specific Discussion
Sending/Resending Emails Using a MIME File with MAILTOOL Sending/Resending Emails Using a MIME File with MAILTOOL
Posted by November 8, 2022
Sending an HTML Email on Your IBM i Using MAILTOOL Sending an HTML Email on Your IBM i Using MAILTOOL
Posted by November 1, 2022
Transferring License Keys from One System to Another Transferring License Keys from One System to Another
Posted by October 31, 2022
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion
bvstone

RE: Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

Posted:

RE: Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

Hi,

I'm not sure of the best way to handle this and I understand the problem.  What I would look into doing is some sort of information saving during the screen entry.  Every few seconds save the info from it.  Either that or change the timeout to something over 20 minutes.  I don't think you're going to be able to trap the timeout message for the workstation.

If you want to expand your question to many more eyes, I would post it at Midrange.com in the Midrange-L mailing list.  I'm sure you'll get quite a few other ideas from there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  This one just isn't my forte these days.  :)

Last edited 12/27/2016 at 16:27:15

pizzaguy

RE: RE: Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

Posted:

RE: RE: Retain input buffer from fields when QINACTITV kicks user from session. CPI1127&PSSR

The problem lies with one particular program that gives the user a large field for entry. They typically type long, verbose entries into this field (or set of 10 fields I should say) on a screen. The user doesn't do anything to reset the inactivity timer during this period of time and then the system ends their session for inactivity. all the data typed in the fields on that screen is lost.

Changing the timeout length is not an option unfortunately.

I shall also post this on Midrange, and have been trying to post to Code400 as well.

Hope that helps clear up any ambiguity about the issue at hand. Thanks.

Last edited 12/27/2016 at 16:36:34

bvstone

Posted:

Here's the link to the Midrange.com discussion in case anyone needs this info:

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/201612/msg00190.html

Last edited 12/28/2016 at 11:49:24

© Copyright 1983-2020 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).