Forums >> Programming >> Web Programming >>
RE: RE: Using NodeJS to Call an RPG Web Service

Posted:
bvstone

Hi, Jon.

I know I can use XMLSERVICE to call using stored procedures or something else (Aaron and I discussed this on LI) but I took a different more generic route of using Web services.

This way the caller and the callee don't have to have any proprietary features.  A web service can be called from virtually any interface, and a web service can be written with virtually any interface.  

I also wanted to learn how to call a web service using Node.js.  It's a little clunky now, but I'm sure it will get better and easier like it is with jQuery as things progress. (Man, all the jQuery features in nodeJS would be the bees knees!)

Please feel free to post an example of something you've used that worked with XMLSERVICE or another method.  I'd be interested in more than the generic examples in the IBM node documentation and see some real world examples. 

Last edited 07/14/2016 at 20:28:41

Posted:
jon.f.paris@gmail.com

RE: RE: RE: Using NodeJS to Call an RPG Web Service

RE: RE: RE: Using NodeJS to Call an RPG Web Service

Not talking about stored procs Brad. And I understand and agree that a web service is a more generic way to go.

But ... You specifically said that you couldn't call a subprocedure with the toolkit and I was just wondering why you thought that.

Last edited 07/15/2016 at 12:05:13

Posted:
bvstone

RE: RE: RE: RE: Using NodeJS to Call an RPG Web Service

RE: RE: RE: RE: Using NodeJS to Call an RPG Web Service

Directly call an ILE subprocedure from Node.JS?  Can you post an example or provide a link to one?

Last edited 07/15/2016 at 12:57:55

Copyright 1983-2017 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).