Forums >> Programming >> Open Source >>
Installing node.js

Posted:
bvstone

Installing node.js

Installing node.js

The first step of course is to install the node.js product.

I know I've seen pages that deal with this, and the first one I found was the following:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ibmi/library/i-native-js-app-ibmi-with-nodejs/

It seemed to be pretty inclusive, including how to connect to your IBM i database as well as run commands.   What else could someone want?  

I rummaged through my DVDs and CDs that came with our machine and found the 5733OPS disc and stuck it in the optical drive of our 41A machine.  I then installed the licensed program and all the options:

• GO LICPGM
  • Take option 11
  • On the top line, enter "1" for the Option, Enter 5733OPS for the Licensed Program, and *ALL for the Product Option. Press your Enter key twice and things should start installing.

Next is to install the required PTFs.  Never fun, especially if you're not a operations/hardware guy like me.  I actually spent 3 hours trying to figure out why my PTFs weren't applying (after countless IPLs) only to realize I was booting to the "A" side instead of the "B" side.  New hardware... so much fun!

I then continued following the instructions in the above page and everything seemed to look fine.

Last edited 03/27/2016 at 17:43:14

Copyright 1983-2017 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).